So I had more spotting on Sunday, which was still a small amount, but heavier than Fri night. I called the on-call doc, as the previous one had told me to call back if it happened again. This doc was horrible and pushed all of my buttons. She told me to relax, that the chances of having a miscarriage in the second tri are very small and, if I’m going to, there is nothing they can do anyway. Complete lack of sensitivity! You never, ever tell someone who is in the “less than 1% of the population” category that the chances are small that something could go wrong. I sobbed and was crabby for days.
Would you believe this woman has been an OB for 27 years???
After that, I just wanted to see my doc and waited for my 16 week appt today. That didn’t go exactly as planned, as my doc is unexpectedly out of the office for a couple of weeks. Luckily my appt was rescheduled with the first on-call doc I spoke to and she was v understanding and action oriented. After the horrible convo on Sunday, I had to turn to my good friend Dr Google for second tri spotting. I realized that I have several risk factors for an incompetent cervix (having a d&c, cone biopsy and LEEP all in the last few years.) I explained my symptoms and that concern in particular. She peeked and poked, thinking all seems fine. And she also scheduled an ultrasound tomorrow to check the length of my cervix. If it is not ideal, I’ll be coming in every 1-2 weeks for another ultrasound until about week 22. I definitely feel much better, simply by being listened to and taken seriously. Hopefully I’ll get to see a bit of the baby tomorrow too!