Today is 16 DPO. I had my third miscarriage at 15-16 DPO. This time, the baby is locked and loaded!
Next milestone: making it to Sunday will also surpass my first miscarriage
New pregnancy symptoms:
- gassy, bloated
- sometimes more sensitive to smells
- last night felt a little queasy after eating chocolate, one of my favorite food groups! I made a deal with the baby that I’d gladly give it up if he/she will stick around this time
- irrationality?? This was demonstrated by buying a maternity shirt already. Hey, I’m bloated and wanted jeans that are comfortable. No luck, so I had to make myself feel better somehow, right?!?
- possible hair and skin changes. My hair is getting straighter and my face is really dry.
- creamy discharge. Is that too gross to say?
In other news, we continue to wait on the house. We put an offer in May 13 on a short sale. Apparently there is a step in the process towards the end where a broker’s price opinion or BPO is done to determine what the house would sell at if the owner forecloses. The bank uses this to determine if it is more beneficial to accept the short sale or take over ownership in a foreclosure. Apparently our offer was at or above the BPO and this is one of the last steps in the process, if not the last, before the bank makes the decision. Our patience is wearing thin, but there really isn’t anything else out there that delights us so.
If you are considering purchasing a house that is a short sale, you really need the flexibility that you don’t need to find housing by a certain date. All along, we knew we wouldn’t put our house on the market until we bought and moved (too many animals and too much stuff in too small of a house!) So we have been saving up for a period of two mortgages and have the ability to pay both payments through our income. If we didn’t have that flexibility, this would never work. Still might not, but what can ya do?